Go to full version

Projects On Hex.ro - Questions and Answers > Java SMF Backup

Error = "class java.lang.NullPointerException: null"

(1/3) > >>

Ken.:
On one of my forums the Java SMF Backup has stopped making the backup and shows this error when it tries to do the baclup.

"class java.lang.NullPointerException: null"

The settings for username and password all seem to be in order.

viulian:
Can you please show me more informations ? (some more logs) so I can pinpoint where it fails ?

There was another case on the simplemachines forum of a person who had an .htaccess based authorisation to the forum, before actually seeing the forum's login page. And he had a cookie set in browser, and he always saw the forum's login page. But when Java SMF Backup tries to connect, it will not get the forum's page first.

Please try and access the forum page from another computer or from IE if you use Firefox, etc - and see if you really see the forum page first.
And, of course, paste some more logs please :)

Ken.:
MY forum is using a redirect file called 'index.php' that sends you to my forum if the regular .com address is entered.

www.mykimbrell.com will send you directly to www.mykimbrell.com/FamilyForum/index.php

There is an empty .htaccess file that the server runs, but I have no control over the file.

The only error that I'm seeing is as shown in the screen shot below.

viulian:
Just clicked on the .com link, and here's what I get:

--- Code: ---Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.59 OpenSSL/0.9.8a DAV/2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 Server at mykimbrell.com Port 80
--- End code ---

Also, the forum link you provided:

--- Code: ---Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /FamilyForum/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.59 OpenSSL/0.9.8a DAV/2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 Server at mykimbrell.com Port 80

--- End code ---

And another thing - I cannot see the image, irfan complains about unrecognized header.

If this is what Java SMF Backup sees, it will give you that null pointer.
Or maybe there's some other settings - you see the pages ok in IE/Firefox, but please try to attempt from another computer :)

viulian:
I think I have not expressed myself too clear:

Please make sure that Java SMF Backup doesn't see the same errors I saw.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page