Author Topic: Feature Request: ISO 8601 Date Format in Backup File Name  (Read 11108 times)

Snaky

• View Profile
Feature Request: ISO 8601 Date Format in Backup File Name
« on: October 19, 2010, 07:20:38 pm »
Hi, first a big THANK YOU for your great tool!!! besides providing a regular backup mechanism this is a very nice help to get a fast copy of a forum database!

Well, my feature request is: I would like to have the Files named in ISO 8601 Date Format (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601)

This would be a great help in further automation and importing - a filename like FORUM_XYZ_2010-10-19_180030.sql would be much easier to identify and work on. I assume this is just a very small change in the java source...

Maybe it would be even better to have the ability to define the file format with variables, but I just would be happy with the ISO date in filenames...

THANKS for your attention!
Snaky

viulian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request: ISO 8601 Date Format in Backup File Name
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 07:53:07 pm »
This should not be a problem, yes ... I can add this in the next release, but you will have to configure it separately (since I can't change the default one now, maybe other users are already relying on the way it is).

I will make an announcement here as well as on the main SimpleMachines forum, in the Java SMF Backup thread.

Thank you,